Reminder: This year's Mardi Gras celebration will be held at 6:30pm on February 13, at the Villas of Ada Clubhouse, 830 Bridge Crest Drive, just off Ada Drive. Oh, and don't forget about Book club this coming Tuesday, January 23, at Schuler's, 5:30-6:30.
How well do you know Paris?
Today we look at the 4th arrondissement.
1. What was the name of the department store opened in 1824 by Pierre Parissot on the quai aux Fleurs?
A. Le Bon Marché
B. La Belle Jardière
C. Le Joyeux Bazar
2. What famous renter lived at 21 places des Vosges?
A. Victor Hugo
B. Jean Giradoux
C. Georges Simenon
3. What is unique about rue de Venise?
A. It's the narrowest road in the capital
B. It's partially underground
C. It's split by the canal Saint-Martin
4. What types of prisoners were housed in the Bastille?
A. Highwaymen and pickpockets of the quarter
B. Deserting soldiers
C. Aristocrats and men of letters
5. The île de la Cité currently has about twenty roads. How many were there before it was completely redrafted by Haussmann?
Answers to last week's quiz on the 3rd arrondissement:
1. B; 2. B; 3. B; 4. C; 5. C.
Travel in France: Normandy and a visit to Mont St. Michel by drone